2012 Children’s Art Exhibition
Saturday June 16th to Saturday June 23rd
Central Methodist Hall
For the 2012 Children’s Art Exhibition we have chosen a theme which we hope will give opportunities for the city’s children to express, through painting, drawing, collage or photography, ideas about the Queen’s Jubilee, the 50th birthday of Coventry Cathedral, the London Olympics or aspects of our city’s multicultural heritage. If, however, you have your own interpretation of Positive Images then we would be delighted to accept those too.
- Please could individual work be mounted and labelled to identify the school. Names of children are at the discretion of schools.
- Group work mounted with school identity and, if possible, a brief description of task.
- If schools are showcasing an existing project could work be mounted, and accompanied by a brief description, together with a label to identify your school.
- If you want us to collect your school’s entries forexhibition please have the work ready for the week beginning June 11th
- Work can be brought to the Central Methodist Hall during Friday June 17th until 2pm
- If none of the above options are suitable please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 76712599 to discuss alternative arrangements.
On display will be work from a variety of primary schools together with photographs by students from City College.
Also displayed are entries to the local recycling competition, “Tip to Ship”, which challenged children to make a “boat” for the Queen’s Jubilee Pageant.
- The exhibition will be in the Eadon Room throughout the week.
- “Let’s Celebrate” opens on Saturday June 16th at 11.00 with entertainment from several schools in the Lower Hall. The exhibition will remain open until 3pm.
On Monday June 18th and Tuesday 19th the exhibition is not open to the public as there are other events taking place.
- From Wednesday June 20th the exhibition is open from 11.00 to 3.00 (If you want to arrange a later time please contact the organisers)
- Saturday June 23rd 11.00 Award Ceremony for the “Tip to Ship” competition
The exhibition will only remain open until 12.30.
The opening and award ceremonies are open to the public and you are warmly invited to these events.
Collection of work
- After the Awards Ceremony at 11.00 on Saturday the exhibition will stay open to the public until 12.30
- Work can either be collected on afternoon of June 25th or by arrangement with the organisers via the above email address.
Thank you for your school’s interest in taking part at this event.